Monday, March 4, 2013

Feedback wanted

A sketch idea for witch number 2.  I don't really know where this is going yet.  I was picturing her a bit like a seductive gypsy draped in jewels, as seduction is the enchanting power that makes all women witches in a way, but maybe she wants to be more tribal.  I'd love to hear some thoughts.  I also included some images I found on the internet that were kind-of guiding my inspiration.






3 comments:

  1. I think your sketch is great. However, I really don't have much advice for you on the direction of this piece. I think maybe the two things you described can co-exist in in one piece. But maybe I am just not understanding what you mean very well. You clearly have several good photo references, but I saw this on pintrest and thought of your gypsy. Hope it gives you some good ideas. http://pinterest.com/pin/27936460161088255/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That image on pinterest is awesome! I am kind-of taking an all-together different direction with the one I'm working on now, but I still have several more to do and I think one of them will have to be sort of gypsy/tribal mystic. That pic is really inspiring. Thanks Bertie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Sharyn...not Carrie speaking.....apparently we are linked at the hip in more ways than one...ha!

    It seems that the figure that you brought to class would work well with ritual!
    A seductive gypsy may beg for a more sensuous pose,kind of like your sketch...curvilinear, beckoning. But that's just my two cents...YOU are the artist!!!

    ReplyDelete