Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Time

Lawrence seems to think about time in terms of linear events and intersections.  She looks at the way objects in her life denote points in time, accumulating into a continuum.  Junk mail becomes a unit of measurement

I have always been fascinated by the idea that time is not linear, but perhaps that all points in time and all possible sequences of events are just mashed together 3 dimensionally, or perhaps in some form of dimensionality that we can't fully understand.  I like to think about significant events in time being very "saturated".  If reality is arranged like pages in a book, events that happen can "bleed through", leaving a ghostly impression on the past and the future. 

1 comment:

  1. Karen,
    I was thinking about multidimentions just the other day and the movie Donie Darko. Have you seen that movie?
    Anyway, I do think there is a "bleed through" that happens and I personanly have experienced 'ghostly impressions'.

    ReplyDelete