Saturday, April 12, 2014

Week 8 Peer Responses

Firstly, I have really loved looking at everyone's portraits.  Such a talented group of artists!  I gave my compliments to several people, but here are the more significant comments.

Secondly, sorry I'm so far behind in my responses.  I really am inspired by all of you.  Little by little, I'm clawing my way out of the trenches.  I plan to be caught up soon!


To Katie:

The eyes! Your facial expression is so inviting, and just as you were going for, a little amused. I absolutely love this piece and envy your painting style. It is such a delightful contrast to my own methodical, neutral- obsessed subtlety. It's so lively, just as I imagine you are as a teacher!

To Michelle R. :


Michelle, your articulation of process is so detailed! What was it like to reflect this deliberately all the way through? Did you stop and reflect as you were working or did you just look back and try to recall your thinking after you were finished. I don't now if I could think about my own thinking this much while I'm working. Just thinking about thinking about my own thinking this much is making my head spin.

On another note, I totally identify with the feeling of running into a wall because my 2D skills don't live up to my ambition. It would all be so much easier if I could just draw or paint what's in my head, all quick-like, you know how some people do. Instead, I have to do all this problem solving to try to figure it out and work within the parameters of my skills. Way to stay with the process. The result is really lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment