Sunday, February 16, 2014

Week Four Peer Responses

To Katie:
Firstly, I love this image.  The water is so beautifully rendered and there's something so tender and serene about it.  It's interesting that both you and I immediately thought of a ripple effect, of starting something that carries on into the future.  I think this is why many of us teach.  I noticed that several people referenced a journey or an exploration.  I too think this is an apt metaphor, but for me it's more of a journey inward, continually reflecting and refining myself, growing stronger and more solid at my core.  In any case, there's no doubt that teaching is a journey, destination unknown.

To Livey:
Love the mermaid!  I'm seeing her as you, gently releasing little bubbles that bounce and waft and rise to the surface.  Just lovely!

To Erika:
I love the blurry haziness of the piece and the mesmerizing luminosity,  I agree with the others that its more enticing than ominous, but then again, nothing entices me more than a little mystery.  I know that several people, especially us newbies, alluded to the idea of a journey or an exploration.  It certainly feels like that.  There's excitement, trepidation, hope, ambition...you hope you packed everything you will need.  I love this metaphor though, because if you did take off without something essential, the rich, fertile jungle will surely provide.  

No comments:

Post a Comment